- The customer or his representative must be present during the initial and final walk-through.
- Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department within 90 days of your move.
- We only move empty freezers/refrigerators.
- We only move empty aquariums. (Empty of water, and also empty of pets.)
- If you have a waterbed, we will gladly move it following your directions. However, we are not waterbed technicians and we strongly recommend that you hire a waterbed technician to move your waterbed.
- For safety reasons, small children and pets must be clear of the work area.
- All The Right Moves will not load liquids or hazardous or combustible items such as propane tanks, firearms, paint, alcohol, and aerosols, as the temperature in the truck could cause these items to explode or ignite.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations within 72 hours of the move date are subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
Customer’s Rights & Responsibilities
- You have the right to view your completed packing, loading, and unload prior to the movers departing from the job site.
- You have the right to list any items damaged on site on the work order and file a damage claim.The claim must be filled out and signed
- You have to right to request a claim form and submit a claim for items damaged on site that are not excluded as discussed in the “Exclusions” section.
- You have the right to have an experienced and competent moving and packing crew to complete your move.
- You have the right to have our mandatory moving equipment (at least one hand truck, floor dolly, standard tools) on every move site.
- It is the customers responsibility to request that arrangements be made for the protection of carpets, wood floors, doorways, and similar property. Every precaution is taken to ensure damage is avoided to property but the responsibility to request protective materials be supplied and utilized is the customers. The request must be made prior to the day of the move to ensure the movers come prepared for such request.
- It is the customers responsibility to provide enough furniture pads for their load only job. We recommend at least one dozen pads for every 10′ of space. This should be adjusted according to your specific move.
- It is the customers responsibility to provide an appropriate amount of space for our movers to work with, along with details on the work load and size of their move. We do not provide on-site visual estimates for local moves and cannot determine the space or time needed for your move.
- It is the customers responsibility to either provide proper packing supplies for our packers or request appropriate amount of supplies and materials be supplied prior to the day of the move at an additional packing materials fee. We are not responsible for estimating the amount of materials needed and do not keep extra materials on our trucks.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure access to job sites including parking permits, reserved elevators, HOA approval and similar issues.
- It is the customers responsibility to provide enough details on the work load and size of their move.
Limits Of Liability
Notice of Limited Liability
Your move is protected by the federally mandated released valuation coverage of $0.60/lb per item. Moving companies are federally mandated to provide this default coverage. It is not based on value and does have exclusions which we discuss further in the “Exclusions” section below. Our liability only extends to items while under our care and custody. Once our workers depart from your location we can no longer be held liable for any damages.
Load only moves are jobs where movers are contracted to assist in loading a client’s personal truck, third party rental truck or Pod. If the items are being transported by the client or a third party contractor, the items being moved are not covered following the conclusion of the load. You maintain the right to inspect all items before we depart the job site.
Any furniture items when furniture pads where not provided for a load only move, are not covered. If an adequate amount of furniture pads are not provided it is likely that your items will be damaged and we cannot assume liability for those damages.
Any box, crate, bin, or similar items that were packed by the customer and not by our packers are not covered. We cannot be sure if these items were properly packaged and protected and we cannot assume damage liability for these items.
Special care, fragile, and high value items without proper packaging and preparation are not covered. These items include things like flat panel TV’s, which traditional full service moving companies would require to be crated. We will move these items at the customers request without crating but cannot assume liability for damages if packing quality has not been met. We will supply packing materials for these items, if requested prior to the day of the move for an additional Packing materials fee. Out of curiously we will dismount a flat screen TV off the wall or mounting bracket, but we do not cover any damages occurred.
If you have a waterbed, we will gladly move it following your directions. However, we are not waterbed technicians and we strongly recommend that you hire a waterbed technician to move your waterbed.
Electronics, gaming consoles, computers, stereos, tablets, etc. are not covered. These items are usually packed by the customer which is excluded from coverage. Further, we do not check these items working condition before moving them therefore we cannot be sure they were in working condition prior to the move.
Furniture made of poor quality material such as “Ikea” items are prone to damage, even when properly handled. Particle board or pressed wood furniture will not be covered.
Any damages associated with the connection or disconnection of household appliances is not covered. We will connect appliances at the customers request as a courtesy, however we are not plumbers or electricians and we strongly recommend hiring a professional service provider to connect all appliances.
Items that cannot be moved safely and without damage to home or to the item are not covered. This refers to a situation where there is an item that was assembled inside the home and cannot be taken apart but may be too large to fit through an exit. At the request of the customer we will try to move the item but our damage liability is waived for such an item.
What Is Covered?
We absolutely provide coverage for items that we knowingly and without dispute damage. Released valuation coverage will be provided to all items damaged on site while in the custody and care of our movers, as long as they do not meet any of the exclusions above. Along with any damages occurred by a moving truck due to driver negligence, this does not include roads or driveways.
How To Submit A Claim
All claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department within 90 days of your move date. To be considered valid, damage must be reported on the work order prior to our crews departure. We reserve the right to verify all claims using any and all reasonable standards for achieving proper verification of claims. Please click the link below and fill out the claim form in the case of a damage. Damage Claim Form